Roxen CMS 4.0 launched
9 September 2004
Roxen Internet Software today launches Roxen CMS 4.0, a new and improved version of the company's software for web publishing.
Today marks the launch of Roxen CMS 4.0. In doing this Roxen strengthens its position as one of the world's leading vendors of platform-independent publishing tools.
Some of the new features in Roxen CMS 4.0 are:
- A new user interface
- A new text editor for content editing and integration with e.g. Microsoft Office
- A new module for categorizing large amounts of content
- A new calendar and events module
- A module enabling Single Sign-On (NTLM) for users on large organization's network
- An implementation of WebDAV which gives drag and drop integration with desktop applications
- Performance improvements with up to 40%
- A module for building an automatic A-Z index of keywords used on a site
- A module for checking spelling that is independent of client operating system and applications
Like previous versions Roxen CMS 4.0 remains based on open standards such as XML/XSLT and is fully independent of server and client operating systems.
"Roxen CMS 4.0 is a major advance for Roxen. The product is internationally renowned for being based on open standards, for its extensibility, performance, security and integration capabilities. All characteristics of a product incorporating advanced technology. Now it is also easier and more attractive.", says Staffan Ekholm, CEO of Roxen Internet Software. "It is essential that all users of a publishing tool, regardless of role, find the user interface easy, intuitive and powerful. This is what Roxen CMS 4.0 provides.", Staffan Ekholm continues.
Roxen develops web-based editorial and content management tools for multi-channel publishing, i.e. publishing online, in print, to tablets, smartphones and other devices. Customers include Metro International, RTL Nederlands, Shaw Newspapers as well as Princeton University, Randstad and Verizon. Roxen was established in 1994. The head office and development center is located in Linköping, Sweden. Roxen offices are also located in Stockholm, Amsterdam and Chicago.