Susana Cortes. New CSM for Roxen in North- and Latin America.
Susana Cortes is new Customer Success Manager, CSM, for Roxen in North- and Latin America.
- I want to keep learning and be part of a team focused on always exceeding expectations, she says.
Susana Cortes most recently came from a position as Dealer Support Coordinator at BMW, Mexico. Based in Roxen’s new Mexico City office, she goes into a role as CSM for Roxen in North- and Latin America.
- As we continue to grow, it is even more important that we make sure that all customers, both those that have been with us for many years and those that are new members of the family, are getting the expected returns on their Roxen investments. That is why we have decided to create this new role, says Per Östlund, President and CEO of Roxen. Susanas background and personality makes her a good match for the role and I will make sure that she has the tools and the support needed to perform her duties well, Per Östlund concludes.
- With my experience, I understand the importance of maintaining exceptional and sustainable relationships with clients and as I´ve worked on fast paced industries, I have learnt to quickly adapt to change and being proactive to get the best possible outcome at all times, says Susana Cortes.
Susana Cortes grew up in Mexico and studied International Business Administration in Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City, then a Master in Business Administration (MBA) in one of the top Universities in UK, graduating with a Merit Commendation.
- Studying my Master’s helped me gain international experience, expand my vision and work with people from very diverse backgrounds. I have experience working in different industries in Mexico City, such as technology, transportation and foreign trade. Also, I have worked in sales as an account manager and my last role was as customer satisfaction coordinator for a premium brand.
When Susana is not working she likes hiking, travelling, jogging and spending time with her friends and family.
- I have traveled to over 30 countries around the world, and I was lucky enough to visit Sweden three years ago. It immediately became my favorite country as I totally fell in love with the culture, the people and the mindset for work and living.